Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Why am I blogging?

Is that even a word? I don't know. I'm doing this for a couple of reasons. First, I have absolutly loved that Ryan, Tiff, and Laura have been doing this. I check their blogs two or three times a week and have loved seeing as well as hearing all of the things going on in their lives. Technology is so wonderful. So much information can be shared in so many ways. I feel like I am reading little letters to me from my family and it is a wonderful way to keep in touch.

The second reason. On Friday night I was working on some some stuff on the computer and was going through some pictures and geneology. I happened to run across one of my mission journals and spent the next hour reading through it. I had included pictures and quotes along with my own thoughts and experiences. It was a wonderful trip down memory lane. Then on Sunday we talked in part about journals and an experience that Elder Eyring shared from last October,s conference. I won't go into here, you can read it on LDS.org, but he reminds us of the importance of writing down the experiences that Heavenly Father gives us. and I figured that I might as well share them with anyone who cares to read them. He has blessed me so much and in so many ways. I think I need to write it down. I know it helps me to recognize things He's done that I may not have thought about otherwise.

So anyway, that is why I'm doing this. It is going to be like a journal for me. I may not be real good about adding pictures and stuff, I've been trying, but I will do it wherever and whenever I can figure out how.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I am so glad you started a blog!!! It will be so great to keep in touch with you. We all love you Uncle Rod.