Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Long Time



Yes I am still alive, and I can tell you that I know it too! Michelle has kept you up to date on our family- she does a great job! So I blame my absence from blogging on her - Joking! Love ya!

So what I've been up to...Basketball mainly. Everyday for the last several months I've left my house at around 7am and not returned until 8pm or later (unless its a game night and then its around 11:30pm) The thing I miss most is spending time with my family, of course. But I wouldn't give it up! I truly love it! Not only do I love the game and staying in shape, but I really love working with the girls. I coach mainly the JV and Freshman teams but also get to help out with the varsity. Right now we are in the middle of tournaments, a very long and wonderful time of year. We, Whitehall, took 3rd in our District and we are headed to Red Lodge this week for Divisionals. Knock on wood, we should make it through and be on to State next week in Belgrade. We are excited and have had a great season.

Of course in the midst of all the basketball, there is teaching. I have really grown to love where I teach and the kids I get to work with. Every teacher has their own reasons for teaching. My reasons have always been pretty clear to me, but recently they have become even more defined. I do it because I love the kids. Not always everything they do but that is just part of the territory. While I struggle with some of them, I appreciate them even more, because I can see their potential and love seeing them mature and grow. Its great to be a part of their lives, even in the smallest ways.

And through all of this busy time, I have the best family supporting me. Michelle and I have really enjoyed taking Shawn to as many games as possible. He really loved coming to the games at Whitehall because he could go out before and after the games and make "shoots" with the older kids. He is getting very good, even for a seven year old. Makes me proud!

2 comments:

Retired and Happy said...

Glad to see you are back. Good luck this weekend.

Laura said...

Go Team!! I'm so happy that your happy with your life and teaching and coaching. I can't imagine you being anything different. You were the best teacher for me growing up. Sorry Dad, but I preferred Rod when I was learning to drive a stick.