Ok, so there isn't really a lot of trading and it's not really new news as most of you have already heard. We did load up Mac yesterday and he went to his new home about a block away. I was a little nervous about how he would load, as he can get a little aggresive (which is why we traded him). Overall though, it went fairly smooth. The guy who took him is a neighbor who rides by our place at least once a week on his way up the mountain. One day I
was out riding Sandy in the "arena" (it's not much of an arena) and he rode in and we visited for about a half hour. Somehow in the deal I agreed to trade him Mac in exchange for free pasture with his horses while we are in Europe. It is actually working out to be a good deal. Horses are not selling for much at the auction (Anywhere from$20-$100) and if we were to figure feed and care costs, it would be around $200-$250. So I feel like it is a fair trade and he is happy with Mak and we are back down to just two horses, Sandy and MissDee.
I know this picture of Shawn riding Sandy isn't the greatest, but it is the only picture of MissDee right now. I'll add a better one later.



1 comment:
You guys look like you are loving life right now. I am so happy for you guys.
Post a Comment