This last couple of weeks can most apptly be described this way. Without going into too much detail let's review the highlights.
First, Pop met me in Utah two weekends ago for a tightly scheduled two days of meeting with vets, getting bloodwork done in Nephi, and loading horses so that we could bring our two mares into Montana without being pulled over. Pop picked up a trailer I had borrowed from a friend in Jerome and to keep it short, it was an adventure that could have landed him in jail. See Mom and Pop's blog. It had me laughing, but that is usually what happens when Pop and I go on a quest. To keep it short, the trip went amazingly smooth (except the trailer adventure) and the horses are happily settling in to their new home in the beautiful Ruby Valley.
While on the trip I had a funny knot in my right leg. I'm not sure where it came from but it made chasing the horses around the pasture interesting. But it left me and I felt fine, until... I think my horses are now carrying a leg cramping curse. The other day I was out working with Misty, when all of a sudden it felt like I had been kicked in the leg. I heard a pop and looked down as I fell, to see if Sandy had snuck up on me for a little pay back for locking her in a rolling cave on wheels for eight hours, but she was on the other side of the pasture. And as I'm too stubborn to go to a doctor, I figured I had just pulled a muscle or strained a tendon. My leg swelled up a little but I didn't think too much of it. Afte a day of church and rest, it seemed to be healing, at least it didn't feel like a dog was chewing away at it any more. So I went out to work on one of my never ending projects last night and felt pretty good until I cam in and my leg was so tight in my pants that it looked like I had gone back to the 80's when pants were supposed to be skin tight, which they are not. So today my students are checking out the the soles of my boots as I sit at my desk and lecture. I'm sure it doesn't look too professional but I'm here and they are learning, or at least checking out where I have walked in the last 24 hours.
PS Here are some random pictures just to add to the blog.
Shawn's first ride on Sandy



1 comment:
I hope your leg is okay! Maybe you have gout? You know like Ben Franklin. I don't know, but make sure you take care of yourself. Love you bro!
Post a Comment