Tonight we went to our ward's Family Appreciation Night, which turned out to be an entire ward family home evening. It was great! The stake president and his wife came and spoke on journaling and family history and then we had some musical numbers. The spirit was very strong and then we played a fun little game, had ice cream Sundays and visited. It was a nice little evening and we really enjoyed being there.
On a separate note, I was watching one of my old time favorite cowboy movies, Lonesome Dove (for the millionth time) and I thought I would share a couple of my favorite quotes.
"Now if you want only one thing out of life too much, it's bound to be a disappointment. So, the only healthy way to live life, as I see it, is to enjoy all the little everyday things..." ~Augustus MaCrea
I think it is important to have dreams and goals and ambitions, but I also think it is important to find joy in the little thing. learn to see the beauty around you. For example, the other morning, as I headed out of town on my way to work, I saw one of those pictures you just don't forget. The sky was partially overcast and foggy and yet the sun was just peeking through in a few spots. Though most of the Tobacco Roots were hidden in clouds and mist, one little knob stood out and was back-lit perfectly by the morning sun. It was incredible!
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." ~Woodrow
This time of the school year, I really get to wishing that more parents would teach their kids this way. I don't know if they really need to run them down with their horses or beat them with a branding iron, but there's a few I don't think it would hurt. Just kidding of course but I do believe all of us, including myself, could learn to close our mouths and listen a little more. I think it would be good for us to learn to think of others and try to help them more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love that movie, it just takes three days to watch!! Sounds like you guys are staying busy!! Just think, school is almost over!! Richard is thinking along the same line as you when it comes to this time of year, gotta love it!
Hey now that school is out we want updates on the Montana Heads. That is how we keep up on the grandkids.
Post a Comment